Sport Z Magazine and Other News (Long)

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sport Z Magazine and Other News (Long)
From: Michael Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:08:37 -0800
Hello List,
I received and email reply to a post I made on Zcar.com about Sport Z
Magazine. The reply was from Associate Publisher Art Singer. My question

to Art was what was the new Magazines plans for articles on Roadster.
Art
informed me that they had asked several people to participate in writing
articles
about Roadsters in the new magazine, but they didn't recieve any emails
back.
He did mention that Tom Phelan was doping an article about Beech
Mountain,
but not a Roadster article.

He states that the magazine has no plans on writing any Roadster
articles for this
coming year, and is going to focus on the Z cars only. I have to agree
with him
on alot of points he made about the economics of trying to hit a market
. The
Z's far out sold the Roadster and therefore more subscribers.

I have seen the division of the Roadster community as well as the Datsun
community.
Even though alot of us have more then one type Datsun. I hope through
alot of effort
we can close this gap. Daniel Beatty and I have tried to offer or clubs
help to further
join the groups together. NOWROC will continue to invite 510's and Z's
to our events,
and welcome them.

I have taken an active roll in getting Zdriver.coms new forum off the
ground. The name
is kind of deceiving as they are interested in the Roadster and the 510
along with the Z.
The car of the month last month was Michael Carion's great 67.5' 2000.
They have given
us our own Forum and have given NOWROC and any other club a club forum
that needs
a password to get in. This would allow you to run club business at one
site and not have to
worry about a large club mailing list.

Congratulations Badroc and SoCalRoc on you past events it keeps us guys
in snow
country interested in our cars.

Please contact me with any other suggestions and feedback.

Mike
Nowroc
http://www.nowroc.com/

Zdriver.com