rear brake shoe springs

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: rear brake shoe springs
From: Kelly Brown <brown4@cdsnet.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:45:19 -0800
I have not kept up with the mail I have been getting from the group.
Too busy working on my roadster.  I have a question for the group
regarding rear brake shoe retainer springs.  I want to change the shoes,
and I am not sure if they were put on right to start with.  The shoes
have two springs to the inboard side of the shoes.  One spring is a
solid spring for the whole length and the other spring has a section of
straight wire in the middle.  Does the spring with the straight section
go up by the adjuster or down by the wheel cylinder?  Also do the
springs go on the inboard or outboard side of the brake shoes?  My
apologies if this topic has already been covered by the group.

Thanks for any advice
Kelly Brown
Medford, Or
1967 1600