Re: Radiator question (plus others)

To: "Mick T" <mickth@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator question (plus others)
From: "roadster" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 22:41:48 -0800
Hi Mick,

I think the welded flange you're talking about is the item that an air
deflector is bolted to at the radiator. The deflector directs frontal air
under the bumper up into the radiator. When I got my radiator recored and
brought it home, I discovered that the radiator shop had left it off. Ran
back to the shop and had them dig the flange out of the trash and reattach
it. Phew! (You must be missing the air deflector.)

For the alternator you ought to be able to rig up a replacement ground wire,
shouldn't be anything special. Quite a few owners have converted alternators
to the other side. I've also puzzled over Rallye's website being down.
Strange.

Fred - So.SF
P.S. Congrats on the stock roadsters, getting harder to do that!