Nuts & Bolts

To: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Nuts & Bolts
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 18:08:06 -0500
I replaced all the nuts and bolts, except for the load bearing suspension
bolts, with stainless steel. Cost? About $200-300 approximately. Definitely
worth the $$$$$. Keep all screws in baggies as they are taken off and then
order new ones and then match them up. You cam also polish the bolts/screws
to look like chrome if you so desire.

Really, are you going to do a frame off and then put on rusty nuts and bolts
and that's providing you didn't snap many trying to get off 30YO rusted
steel or loose them in the black hole.

 I had all other bits replated with zinc. Cost about $260. That's with all
carb parts and intake, brake lines and almost everything else.

As for the side trim I went to a body supply shop and was able to find
plastic moulding clips and used SS nuts and bolts w/them and never have to
worry about those junky moulding clips rusting on my shiny paint.

I also purchased nylon washers to be used under some of the top snaps and
under the fender pan head screws to protect the paint also.

Mike