Re: Nuts & Bolts

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Nuts & Bolts
From: Ross <datsun@istar.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 15:59:16 -0800
The best way to take a car apart and catagorize your hardware is by
placing the nuts, bolts, washers, clips, etc. into a tray that has many
compartments. The ones we use have 35 compartments in a 7 by 5 grid. and
is roughly 22X15". What is nice about laying it out is that you can
reverse your steps and put the car back together in the order that you
took it apart. We allot at least two trays per car. The tray is stiff
enough to be carried to the area you are working on.  The interior
hardware can easily fill a tray. Put sticky labels in the bottom if you
think the job will run into months or years.

Plastic bags get put in a box and cannot give you the same visual
information as a tray with all parts easily seen and distinguished.
Trays are $10 US . I ordered some ,filled them up, and customers coming
in wanted them so we now carry them.
There is one other tray with a variety of compartment sizes that help
sort longer items. Same price of $10 . They come in grey.
--
Ross Mullen
SPORTS IMPORTS - your Datsun Roadster Parts House