Re: Trunk and Hood weights??

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Dan Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Trunk and Hood weights??
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 16:57:04 -0800
Daniel,

Excellent idea. I've often thought a gas strut would help hold up the trunk
lid, every time the wind slammed it against my head.

Some auto stores carry a variety of gas struts in different lengths. I know
Grand Auto did before Kragen bought them out. Let us know what your
research yields.

Just be sure you don't overdo it on the hood. The last thing you need is
your latch failing when you go over a bump and seeing your hood thrust open
blocking your view! I once had that happen to me while driving a Fiat on
the freeway in the left lane, had to blindly swerve across 4 lanes of
traffic to stop and made it. Lucky, lucky me.

Fred - So.SF