Re: Seats!

To: ristguitars@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Seats!
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:37:38 -0700 (PDT)
Well I am in the same situation as Annette (except I have a high windshield
car) my seats are trashed-the foam is pretty much gone from the seat bottom
and seat back on both seats of course the drivers side is worse.  Looking
at Deans website I see that it would cost $250 bucks JUST for the replacement
vynel.  Then you have to either rebuild the foam yourself and then install
the covers..never done this before but I don't suppose its trivial. Or pay
a competent shop to do it $$$.
        Or you could buy a nearly new set of miata seats from a wrecker for
under 200 bucks and with a little bit of work they will bolt right in and they
recline and they are more comfortable.  If you gotta have original you gotta
have original but it seems to me that you get a better product for less cash
if you go with the miata seats.
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA