Now I get it.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Now I get it.
From: Ken Spurling <skippers@clipper.net>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 18:07:42 -0700
Matt Silvey,
        I was guilty of not researching this further. I replied on the basis of
the information I was given and made an incorrect assumption on my own.

I'm sorry.
Ken Spurling

At 07:03 PM 5/1/01 -0400, you wrote:
Ken,

I am the originator of the Access file as well as the originator of the
email offering it for everone's use.  Let me say that I am sorry that you
have been having to deal with a life and death situation over the last
several days.  However, that does not excuse your berating me to the entire
mail list.

First, when I sent out the email announcing the availability of the Access
file, I SPECIFICALLY STATED that in order to use it, the user would NEED to
have MS Access 97 and newer. (If you'd like to see the original email I
sent, I still have a copy on my hard drive and would be more than happy to
forward it to you.)

Second, when they open the webpage to download the application, it is again
stated there that MS Access 97 or newer is REQUIRED to run the database.

Third, if you want to make a comment about the originator of an email or in
this case, a database, that's fine.  But sending a derogatory statement
about someone's actions (about which you are actually wrong) to the entire
mail list is childish.

Fourth, in the future, if you have a problem with me, please address me
personally.  I try to be reasonable and helpful at all times and am always
willing to admit when I am wrong.  I only offered the database (for free)
to anyone that wanted it trying to make a nice gesture as I am new to this
email list.

Matt Silvey