Re: How tight should a spark plug be?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How tight should a spark plug be?
From: "Todd Osborn" <trosborn@california.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 21:20:57 -0700
Tom,
Spark plugs should be torqued to 25 ft-lbs, however you can get some binding
between the aluminum head and steel spark plug that will make them difficult
to remove. Best to assemble with anti-seaze grease. Of course this doesn't
help you much at this point.  Try spraying the plug with liquid wrench and
letting it soak overnight, may still take a fair bit of torque to break
loose. If it is hard to turn after about the intial quarter turn, spray on
some more oil and wait, otherwise you may get some galling which could
damage the head.
Todd Osborn
San Jose, CA