AZROC Picnic MAY 13th - we have an ulterior motive/mission !!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: AZROC Picnic MAY 13th - we have an ulterior motive/mission !!
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 02:08:54 EDT
Reminder everyone !   The first AZROC picnic is just around the corner....
Sunday, MAY 13th at Papago Park in Phoenix. I expect all the locals to show
up !!  I've even heard rumors there may be guests from CA showing up -
party-crashing WILL be allowed y'know  <G>

I really need everyone to confirm w/ me - what you will be bringing for the
pot-luck, etc (Steve H. has spoken for the potato salad !!!)   More info in a
.PDF here :

http:///www.geocities.com/spl311rdst/picnic/azroc.html
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/spl311rdst/picnic/azroc.html";>AzROC | We Want
to Have a PICNIC !!!!</A>

Onto the ulterior motive section (your mission, should you choose to accept
it.......)

I have this friend ya see.... he likes Jags. So much in fact that he has
years reading books, filing facts, and generally over-tightening his
sphincter with vivid hopes that one day he shall be driving in style in his
anal-retentively-over-restored E-Type "Crumpet-Catcher".   Poor Harvey has
actually never owned a sports-car. Today, Mark drove my Roadster up to visit
Harvey. I wasn't there, but I heard that the boy's eyes got REAL big when he
saw the little red & white beast.  One thing led to another, and now he's
Roadster shopping. (do you see where this is going ?).

Our job: Harvey will be at the picnic - we need to steer him in the right
direction- AWAY from a finicky Jag that as a starter sports car will leave a
gigantic empty crater in his wallet and him standing on the side of the road
with a crude cardboard sign that reads "Supporting Jaguar Mechanic - please
help", and onto more exciting things like a unique little Japanese sports car
that he can actually DRIVE on a regular basis. (imagine that!) (Besides....
Solex is easier to spell than Stromberg and you will never hear a debate on
how the "U" in Datsun is pronounced <G>) .

If you're for the challenge let me know !

(translate as: RSVP for the picnic please !)

eMail for maps/questions, whatever...
(602)326-6844

PS: no flames about the Jag... I love old Brit cars, and will let my buddy
have his Jag when he's proven himself worthy. <G>

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
)69 SRL311
Chandler, AZ