Re: Where else to put a CD Changer?

To: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Where else to put a CD Changer?
From: Jim Anable <anable@halcyon.com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 13:26:57 -0700
I was going to put a CD changer in my roadster.  Then I decided to buy a
portable MP3/CD player (like a walkman).  www.computergeeks.com has one on
sale for around $80.  You can convert your cds to MP3 format and fit *OVER
150* songs on a single CD!  Then hit "random," and you're set for hours.

If you've got a CD/R burner on your computer, you might consider this
option.  It makes installation much simpler.  I go out of the headphone
jack right into my amps.  This way, you use the headphone volume on the
unit to control volume.   (I actually have a graphic equalizer and
subwoofer crossover/amp, but that isn't necessary.)

MP3 format sounds pretty darned good for a car environment.  You lose a
little bit in the translation, but once you start the engine on your
roadster, you'd never be able to tell the difference between MP3 and CD.