Re: SU to Mikuni - what about the exhaust port?

To: aryasura <hyper.aion@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: SU to Mikuni - what about the exhaust port?
From: Bob Mann <RWM@rwmann.com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 21:07:17 -0400
Ed -

Great to hear of another NYC roadster.

Mine has had the Mikunis since 1971.  The valve cover breather dumps to a
hose-clamped, formed right angle hose that routes down toward the trans
tunnel.

As I understand it, the correct breather hose is a formed piece that
connects to a thru-nipple fitting on the correct air cleaner baseplate.
I run only the baseplate with its integral short stacks, so this
particular connection would be non-functional.

- Bob Mann, '69 2000 Solex (Mikuni)

--
R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.  > Airline Industry Analysis and Consulting
Port Washington, NY  11050 > tel 516-944-0900, fax 516-944-7280