R16 / H20 tune up specs

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: R16 / H20 tune up specs
From: Marko Lahtinen <lahtinen_marko@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 14:51:34 +1000 (EST)
I am having difficulty with the tune up spec for my
R16 recently rebuilt and stroked to H20.  Based on the
manuals I have the tune up spec should be the same.
but last tune up it was put to dwell 52 degrees and 12
degrees BTDC in a dyno tune.  it sort of felt fine for
first 300 kms but progressively has got worse idling
and some power loss is evident at above 4000rpm.  to
make me feel worse, the front two plugs are fouling
black/oily.

I am using 98 octane fuel as the compression ratios
are kind of high after the new pistons and stroking of
the engine.

The distributor is the original 1600 distributor.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Marko
1964 1500 with stroked r16
- It's time you had your business online!