Re: Solex fouling plugs Q

To: Geegc@aol.com
Subject: Re: Solex fouling plugs Q
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 05:57:51 -0000
Had the same problem.  Just had it fixed the other day!

Check out my post on missing no. 3.

In short - it could be that the choke/accelerator pump circuit is staying
open, effectively flooding the cylinders.  (The reason it's not doing it to
all of them is that the choke is only feeding one throat of each carb.
Though with mine, it was 1 & 3 - especially 3)

If not - check the timing on the problem cylinders - and if there's any
movement in the distributor shaft.

Also, do a compression test.  It could be valve stem seals.

Also, check your ignition system.  I was getting a spark, but my points
were dodgy due to the balast resistor not doing its job.  So my spark was
there, but not as good as it could have been.

But my first bet is the Solex - check that it's not flooding.

Good luck, let us know what happens.