Re: Replacement Muffler

To: JLBrooksNC@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Replacement Muffler
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 00:01:55 EDT
You need to find yourself a good muffler shop - one that does "hot rod" type
jobs on a regular basis. I would try your local rod-type speed shop for
recommendations. Find someone who is used to fabricating and making do w/
what theyve got. (which is basically no pre-bent factory pipes and years of
god-only-knows-what cobbled up under the car)  I good muffler man should be
able to take a quick look and come up w/ something in his head for ya. Be
wary of the Midas chain who wants only to look it up in the catalog, and then
get confused when they can't find the car !!

I've got something along the lines of the "baby-turbo" stuffed up under my
car, along w/ an Ansa type resonator tip - it really tones down the
weed-eater noise ! THe flange at the header was also changed to accept a
regular "donut" gasket - no real advantage there - its just that oem was
rotted out and that was handy.

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
69 SRL311