Local Rubber Dealer - Good Story

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Local Rubber Dealer - Good Story
From: Ryan Roswell Bird<birdman@myrealbox.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 23:51:00 -0700
Hello All,
   Some of the most fun I've had in restoring my roadster is working with
vendors that are not typical vendors.  I have done very little outside of my
sphere of influence, and working with different industries is very
enlightening.  I had a wonderful experience with a local rubber dealer.  I
have been looking for some rubber to replace the old horse-hair that was lying
between the frame and body of my car, many of you recommended conveyor belt
rubber, find some scrap somewhere.  After calling up a few conveyor belt
companies, I had nothing, so I just looked up Rubber.  My first call went to
Anaheim Rubber and Industrial Supplies.  The guy on the phone knew his rubber
(neoprene?).  I went over with the measurements I needed to place between the
body/frame.   After a bit of selection, I decided on 3/8".  The owner cut up
the strips, and sent me on my way after a fun conversation about his Model A
he just bought.  When I got back to my car, I looked a bit closer at the
rubber (thick washers?) that the 12 frame bolts connect through, and to my
dismay, my pieces were just too thick.  I also realized that I should replace
that rubber as well.  I went back today, picked up the proper thickness, had
holes drilled, and was on my way.  I know a lot of you have gotten your rubber
for free, mine wasn't.  ($10)  But it has been by far the cheapest thing I've
spent on my car yet.  I also picked up some good foam/rubber padding and might

Anyway, for those of you in the So-Cal area looking for rubber supplies, these
guys know their stuff and are very friendly/helpful.

Anaheim Rubber and Industrial Supplies
704 N Valley St #U
Anaheim, CA  714-722-690

Ryan Bird
67 1600
Santa Ana, CA  (June - Tempe, AZ)

(I've never used the word _rubber_ so much in my life, please take it easy on
me.:)