Re: 1500 Gear Oil

To: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>
Subject: Re: 1500 Gear Oil
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 22:16:25 -0500
>I remember gas wars too and I think I paid the same as you and got glassware
>with it!

And don't forget S&H Green Stamps. Other (older) Texas types may also
remember the Texas History jigsaw puzzles that Humble Oil (Exxon) had in
late '69 into '70.

I guess some of the younger folks may not have gotten the inside joke of
the Texaco SERVICE Station scene in the original "Back to the Future".
Five attendants in uniforms and bow ties rush out to check all of the
fluids and such on a '53 Studebaker (?). I enjoyed all three of those
movies, but the first is far and away my favorite.

Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)