Re: 1500 Gear Oil

To: ronday@home.com
Subject: Re: 1500 Gear Oil
From: SRAPL311@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 00:27:07 EDT
Gas prices. Try this for size. In the mid thirties we had a Fordson tractor.
This had two gas tanks and a provision to run hot exhaust through the intake
manifold to preheat. Gas was 11 cents and kerosene was 8 cents. When working
all day we would start with gas and switch to the more affordable kerosene.
Tractor seemed to have more power on kerosene but left a trail of very smelly
white smoke. Of course bakery bread, if you could afford it, was 5 cents a
loaf. Good old days? Not so sure. Larry