oxygen sensor placement.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: oxygen sensor placement.
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 15:07:59 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
        I want opinions on where is theh best place to install an oxygen
sensor.  From what I have been reading you are supposed to install them
as close to the engine as you can while still getting the flow from all
cylinders.  Now if you use the self heating 3-wire type sensor I think that
that requirement is relaxed a bit?? I would like to install it on the regular
exhaust pipe after the flex link from the header.  Does this sound allright?
Or is it possible to install a 3-wire sensor even farther away??
                Thanks,
                        Daniel 69 2000
                        SF CA