Re: 4 spd Trany and gasket kit

To: "Teesun68" <teesun68@cadvision.com>,
Subject: Re: 4 spd Trany and gasket kit
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 08:23:47 -0400
Mike,

If it looks like an oil seal with a spring in it it goes in the speedo
drive. You must knock out the tiny split pin that holds the speedo gear on
and inside the body is the seal. It's not the easiest seal to remove but
using an awl or other sharp instrument you can seperate the seal from the
body and then use a small screwdriver to mangle it and then lift it out. I
used a small socket to install the new one.

This is the same seal that is in the distributor housing to seal the tach
drive.

Mike