Re: Oxygen Sensor [long]

To: twalter@austin.rr.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oxygen Sensor [long]
From: Tomet9@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 15:48:19 EDT
Hi lister,

  I found your observations very interesting concerning SU's having to run on
the richer side. I am  also trying to tune mine to get best performance at
low, mid and hi rpms. I find that every time I get them tuned to idle clean
that my mid/top end leans out. If  I richen up the low end, it rough
idles/black smokes but I seem to get better response in the mid/top end.
Don't have a O/sensor , so just shooting from the hip (trial and error). I
pulled out the stock N17's for a pair of N25's which are a tad shorter with a
richer profile. They seem to give me a better mid range response but still an
effort to pull 6,000 rpms. Have you experimented wiht any other needle
profiles? Are you still running the stock ones? Do you get a clean idle on
yours? Could you tell me what best works for yours? Mine's a stock U20.

     Thanks ,

           Tom Prather 69/2.0