Re: Jaremko at the vintage races

To: "Don Miller" <turbospl311@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Jaremko at the vintage races
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 15:02:26 -0400
In the NY Metro area they stand around and talk about how fast their cars
are with that manifold and that exhaust and this mechanic vs that mechanic
yada, yada, yada. They were all trying to out impress each other and
carefully pointed to each improvement their mechanics made w/o trying to
scratch their Rolexes on their car or vice versa.

A few of the guys did do their own work but as Sid pointed out, a majority
wouldn't know a cam follower if it hit them in the head or a tie rod for
that matter.

My MGB club is much different as most, if not all the guys/gals do get their
hands and fingernails dirty. Our tech sessions this year involved pulling an
engine and rebuilding a tranny and front end. I did bow out as I pulled
enough engines to last a lifetime and had no interest in rebuilding the
antiquated front end or tranny.

Mike