head re-torque question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: head re-torque question
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 19:41:33 -0700 (PDT)
When re-torqueing a 1600 iron head, do you loosen the
bolts up to the "first" torque value of around 30 ft.
lbs., then go to 40, then to 50 in the normal inside
to outside pattern?  should one loosen them more, or
less?  I'm looking for some opinions.  I know what
I've always done, but that does not make it right, in
fact that probably guarantees, it ain't right!

I am usually just happy if the torque value has not
changed, but I hear so much about re-torquing, that I
probably should be doing it more often...

Mike Harper
'66 1600
Charleston SC

http://auctions.yahoo.com/