AZROC Picnic on the 13th

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: AZROC Picnic on the 13th
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 19:56:54 -0700
Hello All,

I was waiting for Laurie to write to the list about the AZROC picnic as it
was her show, but I just couldn't wait any longer.

For those of you who didn't go, you missed out. There was so much food there
that even the likes of myself, Phil Erickson, and Victor Laury would be
overwhelmed. A great location right in the middle of a botanical preserve.
Oh yeah, and I will let Laurie tell you about that poor chicken who just
could not escape the squirt guns.

Six cars showed up including my 1964 1500. Laurie showed up in her two tone
1970 1600. Bob Coffin came in a stunning tourqoise 69 1600. Ron Hamilton
brought his awesome conversion. There was also a red 68 2000 there that was
for sale. There was also a 67 1600 early there as well. In Laurie's words
"It's the first time I have ever had more than three cars together."

The people were great and a good time was had by all. Yes, it was a tad hot
crossing the desert, but I figured if my almost 40 year old car could make
it so could I.

I think that the people here in California have it pretty easy. There are a
lot of cars here and getting them together is a much easier event than other
states. I felt I owed it to the AZ crowd to show up. They come to all the
Cali shows. Why shouldn't I return the favor.

I know some pics were taken and Bob's car really is a stunner. I hope that
some pics are posted soon!

My hat is off to Laurie and the AZ crowd. Truly nice people and a credit to
the Datsun Roadster community.

See you on the road!

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500