Re: Jaremko at the vintage races/ I started a Monstor

To: Gordon Glasgow <gsglasgow@home.com>
Subject: Re: Jaremko at the vintage races/ I started a Monstor
From: Michael Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 21:40:57 -0700
Yikes , I started a monster !!

Gordon is correct about all the mods that he had done. If some of
you are not aware of Penske shocks they run between $800 and $2,000
plus per corner. I think Paul has around $1800 in shocks on the rear of the car.
I was unaware that they put Wilwoods on the front of the car. Last time I saw
it they were still using the factory front brakes. He has my BRE air damn at his
shop and I told him he could use it on his car. He made the current one using
sheet aluminum. The dash is sheet aluminum and not a true high windshield dash.

Paul is a very competitive person and very proud of his Datsun's. At the farm he
has lets say a bunch of them. I don't think anyone knows how many cars they
have up there. Most of us realize that if he wants to race he should be in
conference
and not in Vintage. The lap times Paul posted are not even close to what his
sons
can post. They are probably good for at least 3 to 4 seconds a lap faster.

I do like seeing the car out at the track and blowing by people, but Vintage
class
isn't really about racing all out.

I totally agree with Marc's and Gordon's assessment of vintage racing, and why
there

are time period rules. It is of course Vintage racing not conference.

A little history about the car that I know of. It was originally a 69" 1600 and
converted
to 2000. It has the original black paint on it. The engine was rebuilt last
year by
Rebello.
That engine grenaded at Seattle during the 4th of July Historic event. It only
lasted
two races. The current block in it was my 69' 2000's block :-( It was rebuilt
over
the
winter by Paul's friend Dean. It's horsepower rating is around 225 , and it
runs on
205/60/14
race radials. It is capable of doing around 135 MPH  on most race courses.

I feel bad I posted my original message as it started a bunch of banter back and
forth.
I should have given more information before I posted it.

Thanks Gordon for clarifying what happened,

Mike
Nowroc