AZROC picnic- THANK YOU ALL !!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: AZROC picnic- THANK YOU ALL !!!
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 22:33:16 EDT
A big THANKS !!!! to all who showed up at the AZROC picnic last Sunday. I
think we set a new  record for "most Roadster owners in one spot in Arizona."
 Everybody who said they were gonna show up did - I guess the threat of
leaving kittens on doorstops worked !! . I think it's safe to say that a good
time was had by all.

We had new roadster owners, long-time roadster owners, and several
(enthusiastic!) future roadster owners as well. We got to meet the faces
behind eMail addresses, and I think that everyone got to meet someone new
they'd never heard of before. We have 2 long-distance winners - Andrew Murphy
 from SoCal and  Fred Johnson all the way from Wisconsin ! ( OK,, so he was
in town anyway, but still a long way  .....)

We had a turn-out of 6 cars - getting a decent variety of high/low windshield
and various degrees of "custom touches." (including Chris Doutre's "Kustum
Phlat Taillights" <G> )

The food was great with plenty to go around - good thing too , 'cause my kids
were having a heck of a time trying to catch the petting-zoo escapee rooster
that was threatened to be BBQ'd if caught. Oh yeah.. they DID finally catch
him, got pics to prove it too !  (Steve Hill... you're gonna hafta get
Valerie to eMail me the cheesy potato recipe)

Many left before we could  could open the surprise gifts - only a few folks
brought them for the exchange so we waited until later to pass them out.
Items included: a fancy leather Nardi shift knob ( i got that !), stick on
datsun emblems, a set of wiper blade frames, a Monza exhaust tip and... (my
fav 'cause I brought it) The battery operated mini-slot car track ! (ok.. it
had little Porsches in it, but I LOVE my toy cars !)

I will be putting together a website when I get my pics back - If anyone took
some good shots please eMail them to me & I'll include them.

Again... THANKS TO ALL - It wouldn't have been a picnic without ya !
and special thanks to Mark for 1) Hiring on as chief BBQ chef  2) helping out
with all the little details involved and 3) Not thinking I'm totally NUTS for
even trying to pull this off !

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
69 SRL311