Re: AZROC Picnic on the 13th

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AZROC Picnic on the 13th
From: Chris Doutre <cdoutre@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 19:38:40 -0700
Andrew,

Let me add my extreme admiration for Laurie's successful first annual
AzROC picnic. It was a real pleasure to meet the roadster people from
the Phoenix area, not to mention our visitors from California (with
roadster) and Wisconsin (sans roadster). Great food, lotsa silliness,
and six very interesting roadsters (including my own 1600 of course). I
especially enjoyed learning (from you, Andrew) all about what makes my
1967-titled car a 1966-manufactured model in reality. Mine was the
(Plymouth) red one on the end with the funny tail-lights and no
sidelights.

My favorite moment was when I asked Bob Coffin if he needed a radiator
and he said yes. I enjoyed the surprised looks from everyone when I
actually pulled that old (510 we think) radiator out of the trunk. I
think the quote was, "I don't believe it; this guy drives around with a
spare radiator in the trunk." Just my contribution to the roadster gift
exchange (Thank you Bob). I also enjoyed the slot car competition with
Deane. That was "the best gift of all." Nice touch Laurie.

Enjoy the ride!

Chris Doutre
Scottsdale, Arizona
1967 1600 SPL311-08147