Re: Kinda OT paint question

To: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kinda OT paint question
From: "James M Koken" <james.m.koken@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 18:47:32 -0700
Victor
I have painted a couple of cars Spanish Red using PPG products.  Go to your
paint store and look at the old paint books under Datsun or Nissan.  You'll
see the Spanish Red chip.. A good shop can cross reference the # that Datsun
used on their computer and mix a paint that is almost if not identical in
just about any paint you want but lacquer.  The old lacquers are hard to
find because the newer paints (base/clear, urethanes, etc) are better
products and more envronmental friendly I guess. I've painted cars the
yellow and silver used in the 60's also.  I can get you a current # off an
old can but its Snowing here at the moment and I don't want to go out to the
garage.
Mike
Colo. Springs.