Re: Roadsters in Illinois - I think.

To: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Roadsters in Illinois - I think.
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 07:34:10 -0400
the 67 2000 is serial #38. I sold it to Nate around 3 years ago. I told him
that it needed to be rebodied, and needed complete restoration. it is
missing a few pieces. does not have the rear license plate chrome. needs
interior. it does not at the moment have the antenna or the shift plate, but
I have located those and they go to Nate or whoever buys the car. I have
pictures of the car and could probably scan/send out. I sold him an extra
set of the American Racing option wheels, turned out one was just a tiny bit
different. I offered to give him cash instead, the same amount he had given
me for the wheels, and he wanted me to pay more for them than I had sold
them to him for. the rear panel and the RR quarter had been replaced on the
car by the PO and are really pretty good. Nate had bought the car over the
phone having seen a lot of pictures of every aspect of the car, and when he
came to pick it up did not seem very excited about it. I offered to resell
the car and give him back his money. he chose to take the car anyhow. this
is the same car I discussed the prices of various parts at the time someone
else was parting one out on e-bay. while the sum of the parts is worth more
than he wants for the car, those who have seen it have evidently not felt it
was worth that as a whole car. when we were negotiating in the beginning, I
explained to him that it was not worth my selling the car for less than the
number we settled on, due to the value of individual parts. he chose to buy.
at this point, over 3 years later, having had a few other people look at the
car, I think Nate feels he got a poor deal on it. if he wants to realize a
profit on it, he should part it out. it still has complete drivetrain (not
sure if the air cleaner housing for the Solexes is there) so Solexes with
manifold, comp oil pan, U20 engine with non-smog head, 5spd, gauges.....rear
panel, RR quarter. this combination of parts alone is worth more than what
he paid for the car. if someone wants to restore it, they need to find
another body, and I never represented the car any other way.

Craig Halsted