Roadsters in Illinois - I think.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Roadsters in Illinois - I think.
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 23:33:14 -0000
Guys, an email friend of mine from Chicago is car hunting.
He told me about these Datsun roadsters he's looked over.
Now, he really wants something that's running, but I thought that someone
ought to know about these cars for parts:

Here's a copy of the last email he sent to me.

>You said the the basketcase is a 67.5 2000 - how bad a basketcase?

   I only looked at it briefly.  Heavily rusted, interior junk.  Not sure
how complete.

>Actually, if you could pass the guys details over to me, I could post them
>on the datsun roadster email list - there's bound to be someone interested
>in the things - parts are not easy to get, and there's a couple of guys
>over
>there who are looking for viable projects, too.
>BTW, what's the third car?  Could you cobble a working car out of the two
>better ones?

   Here's what I know; 3 chassis.  The 2000, and 1600, and a third which I
didn't ask about.  The 1600 will start and idle, sort of.  Will not move,
needs new transmission.  All are very rusty, with junk for tops and
interiors.  Guy's name his Nathan Kiel, 773.728.1369.  The $1200 1600
appears complete, but everything needs work.  The 2000 is stored in a
garage, the other two are outside.  Last time he opened the trunk of the
*nicest* one, there was a large mean possum living in it.

   IMHO, they are all parts cars.

(That's about it)

Cheers,

Steve