Cooling system problem

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cooling system problem
From: "matt12@mail.rcip.com" <matt12@tuna.rcip.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 11:16:15 -0400
Since I have not had any problems until recently, I have not paid a lot of
attention to the previous emails about cooling system problems.  Just recently
(within the last 2 weeks) I have started having a problem with my cooling
system.  Symptoms are as follows:

Car runs fine at normal operating temperature no matter what the driving
conditions are, only rising when coolant is low.
Ambient temperature ranges from 75-100 degrees.
While car is running, I have no coolant leaks.
With radiator cap (thermostat housing) off, I can see the coolant flowing once
the car warms up.
After turning the car off, my car pukes out through the overflow/reservoir
loosing about one cup or more of coolant each time (seems to be only after
being driven hard at higher rpms - 4500+).
I have compression tested all cylinders.  Compression is even across and there
was no bleed down on any of the cylinders (leading me to believe my head gasket
is ok).
The oil is clean with no signs of coolant.

I am lost.  Help please....

Matt
'70 1600

http://www.mail2web.com/ .