Re: Bumper Rechroming

To: "MURPHY, BARNEY D" <BMURPHY@scana.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bumper Rechroming
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:04:20 -0400
Paint the back of the bumpers to stop rust from reappearing. I used a silver
moisture cured urethane paint aka POR15 or Bill Hirsch's Miracle Paint. 10
years later there's still no rust. I did that to my NOS bumpers and a
replated bumper I have. The factory stuff rusts very quickly.

Mike

PS - I also recommend that on the early car's windshield frames too as they
have a tendency to rust inide also and the vent widow frames.