Re: another smog thing?

To: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Subject: Re: another smog thing?
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:08:50 -0700
It was asked:
>      There is a small rubber hose that connects to the aircleaner on my
> 70 1600.  It crosses the engine to the pax side and connects to a3-way
> block bolted to the front of the brake distribution block..

Part of the evaporative vapor control system. The fuel system is sealed
in the '70 setup, to prevent the release of gasoline fumes into the atmosphere.
You have a vapor storage tank in the trunk, too.

This system does not affect engine performance or driveability. Thus, ripping
it out will not benefit the car or the environment (IMHO).

-- John