Re: Chrome shops in SF Bay Area

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: Chrome shops in SF Bay Area
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 17:26:16 -0400
If the chrome is pitted expect to pay $$$$$$$$ or get a bumper back with
shiny pits. Good  plating is hard to find and not cheap as it's very labor
intensive, especailly if the chrome leaves a lot to be desired.

Chroming was the worst part of my restoration as there are a lot of schlock
artists out there and the early cars have a lot of chrome. I have heard
people tell me they spent 10K just on chrome, especially those 50s cars. It
takes the same effort to plate a bumper for a Datsun as it is for a Ferrari
bumper.

Mike