RE: Glass fuel filter

To: "Autox" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Glass fuel filter
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 21:41:18 -0700
Daniel:

Check the gasket between the glass bowl and the metal top casting. Don't
overtighten the hand nut or you can bend the metal casting and cause a leak.
It is probably a bad gasket, though. Keep a spare inline filter attached to
two lengths of hose in the trunk so you can bypass the bugger in a pinch. I
also added an inline filter between the glass bowl and the fuel pump and
tucked it out of sight behind the filter bracket.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600
http://www.PictureTrail.com/bauman311

I just has some fuel issue and used a can of air to blow out the line to the
tank.  The car is running again.  I am sure the tank is long over due for a
boil and paint.

I have a 65 1600 with the glass fuel filter.  The fuel pump looks to be
stock.  The car seems to run fine, though the fuel filter is nearly empty of
fuel all the time.  Is this normal?

Daniel Beatty
NOWROCer