Re: Installation of new oil pump

To: "Pamela Pepoy" <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>,
Subject: Re: Installation of new oil pump
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 08:24:42 -0400
Guy,

What a coincidence as I installed the 2L oil pump on my Stroker the same day
and ran into the same situation. It is a tight interference fit and I got
nervous installing it. As Stan said you need to use studs BUT unfortunately
the shop took them off the block and now can't find them.

What I did use were the shorter studs from the head and cut some of the
threads off - it worked like a charm providing you have extra studs. The
other alternative I also thought about was using longish bolts and then
cutting off the heads.

Hope this helps.

BTW, should I load up the oil pump with oil before fitting it?

Mike