Custom picts with Buick 3.8

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Custom picts with Buick 3.8
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 08:56:51 -0500
Hey all - I added pictures of the Buick 3.8 sitting in the custom (Rusty).
The motor fits better then expected, but I will move it back 2 more inches
so the shifter comes in the stock 5 speed location and I get better weight
distribution.  To do this I will cut wedges out of the fire wall - no big
deal and will not interfere with the gas pedal.  With the 3.8 and T5 5 speed
in the car it sits a little higher than my '66, but this is without radiator
and accessories.  So, the weights should be close!   After I get the motor
"exactly" where I want it, I will start plumbing the turbo.  The 3.8 turbo
in stock form only made 170 HP, but guys with older GNs have gone from 18
sec quarter mile in a 3400 pound car to 13 sec quarter mile with very simple
mods.  I will do these mods off the get go, so Rusty should be pretty quick.

The pictures are at http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1286599&f=0
<http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1286599&f=0>   Also check out
the engine cover I made for the Frontier.  I hated looking at all the wires
on top the motor.

Happy Roadstering!!

Phil
SEROC