RE: Distributor Set Up

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Distributor Set Up
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 11:17:58 -0400
I think I remember someone saying that the description in the manual is
backwards.  You are correct that the #1 distributor position should be
facing rearward and slightly towards the engine.  If you have had the
distributor apart for a rebuild, make sure that you didn't inadvertently put
the drive (the lower most part on the dist. shaft that fits into the drive
gear/shaft) on backwards.  I did that once.  Only a concern if you removed
the drive from the distributor shaft (It's held on by a shear pin with a
little spring like retainer around it).
Brian