Fraud

To: "\"ROADSTER (E-mail)\"" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fraud
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 09:29:54 -0700
Well I have just installed my new Starter into my 83 Pontiac.  Luckily I am
such a suspicious person.
After purchasing the Starter and opening the box I found a piece of tape
over the rear inspection cover that read: tampering with this seal voids
warranty.
That was enough information for me to lose complete trust in the rebuilder.

To hell with the Warranty.
I removed the inspection cover, and lo and behold, there was no grease on
the rear shaft bushing, that is inside the rear cover.  It would not have
been too long before this Starter would have begun to fail, just as the old
one I pulled out from the car was damaged.  No grease in the rear shaft
bushing.

So I greased the bushing, and the starter works like it should.
You can bet from now on I will be inspecting all the Parts I get from an
auto Parts store.
It came from Foothill Auto Electric.  In California??
Pat