RE: Damage from the rear bering removal - warning -- rant to

To: "Roadster Mail List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Damage from the rear bering removal - warning -- rant to
From: "Matt Silvey" <matt12@rcip.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 09:54:58 -0700
Michael,

I would get another set of axles.  I had a similar problem with my car but
it was not done by the shop I took it to, it was done by the PO.  And the
axle was not only missing material, the PO had welded one of the bearings to
the axle if you can believe that.  (There are pictures of the axles on my
webpage.)

I agree with Marc as far as the concerns from heating and the missing
material.  You would not want a back wheel coming off the car while cooking
through a turn.  Additionally, since the "shop" ruined them, they should be
paying for the replacements.  I picked up my new (used) axle for $75 so they
are not too expensive.

Good luck,
http://www.rcip.com/matt12/datsun.htm
Matt Silvey