Re: Damage from the rear bering removal - warning -- rant to

To: "Teesun68" <teesun68@cadvision.com>,
Subject: Re: Damage from the rear bering removal - warning -- rant to
From: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@mint.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 18:31:16 -0700
I think the 'shop' should pay for a replacement axle.  Tom Walter has
a nice tech sheet on bearing replacement.  I gave the sheet to the
machine shop who did mine and they still got the seal plate on
backwards.  They did cut the collar off correctly.  They paid me for
the value of another collar and bearing which I happened to have in
'stock'.  They would not have paid for the bearing but I asked them if
they would want the bearing in their car after using a cut off wheel
next to the bearing. Take your case to the highest level of the shop.
daveS