RE: Front Brake question

To: "'Robert.Long@CSDInc.com'" <Robert.Long@CSDInc.com>,
Subject: RE: Front Brake question
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 09:37:24 -0700
>Robert Long Wrote I recently replaced the front brake pads on my 67.5 1600.
Now, there's brake fluid coming out of the outside piston.  Is the little
rubber cover, just a dust cover? Did I mess something up when I compressed
the piston, to get the pads on?

Robert,

Now, with the new pads, your piston is further back and into an area of the
sleeve that is pitted. Only repair is a new caliper or have yours
re-sleeved. price is about the same no matter which one you choose.

This is the reason Tom Walter preaches regular, scheduled hydraulic fluid
changes.

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
65 L-320 Pickup