the wonder of SU's

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: the wonder of SU's
From: PLETCH5@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 15:37:27 EDT
The second roadster we have (67 1600) sat for about 3 months and will Shasta
coming up I figured it was a good idea to see if it still started after
sitting for so long. Normally my 69 2000 solex I have to turn the engine over
for quite a while to get gas up to the carb's,with the SU's I pulled the
choke and the engine barely turned over once and she fired to life. No
shaking, bucking or stalling. She purred like a kitten, I still don't plan on
getting rid of my Solex's but it was nice to see a roadster start easy after
sitting so long.

  Ken
Datster