Re: Turbo details

To: karl.payne@gm.com
Subject: Re: Turbo details
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 17:25:16 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

> Engine:  Ford 2.3L  ('89 Merkur XR4Ti was donor)
> Turbo: Garret T3, stock
> Intercooler:  Blackstone frontmount
> Boost: 9 pounds (for starters)
> Exhaust: 3" downpipe via fenderwell
> Trans: T5 from a V8 Mustang
> Rear axle: Stock
> Performance: no numbers yet
        I think people were probably more excited by the fact that you had
turbo'd a stock engine. I know I was.

> I just got the car and drove it for a couple of days in Phoenix before I had
> return to Mexico where I am working.
        Did you buy the car already done or did you do the work yourself??

> HP numbers are unknown but similar combos put out between 210 and 225 horses.
> These motors can handle 20+ lbs of boost so there is plenty more where that
>came
> from.
        Wow lots of power..

> After driving it my first impression is it pulls like a bullet bike.  My 18 yr
> old son says 4th gear rubber is easy.  Doggone kids... Anyway, can't wait to
>get
> my toy back in my full-time possesion.

        I would definately put on some more serious rubber for that kind of
power and never ever let the 18yr old drive the car.

> Does anyone have a URL where I can post a couple of pics of the installation?
> It is pretty sanitary, there is no surgery whatever to the body and it looks
> *sleepy* stock, 14" wheels and all.
        if no one else comes forth i can probably put some pic up on my site.
www.madmadscientist.com I am supposed to have an unlimted amount of storage
space.
                Daniel 69 2000
                SFCA