Re: Misrepresentation (Was Found A 67.5 Solex)

To: solex67@hotmail.com, bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com,
Subject: Re: Misrepresentation (Was Found A 67.5 Solex)
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 17:07:00
>When I was at the AZROC picnic, I talked to Charlotte and Leonard about the
>car they ended up buying. The PO was listing the car as a 63 1500 when
>indeed it was a 64. As you may know, the 63 and 64 models are practically
>identical cosmetically, but under the hood, they are totally different.

Single carb Vs. Dual. That chrome valve cover.  It turned out the 64 had a
1600 engine in it.<

Before Charlotte and Leonard bought the car.....I spoke to the previous
owner several weeks ago about their '63' roadster. She read the vin # to
me...and sure enough....it was actually a 1964. I explained to the owner
that the car was actually a 64, not a 63.

I guess it didn't make too much difference to them......

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA