Misrepresentation (Was Found A 67.5 Solex)

To: bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Misrepresentation (Was Found A 67.5 Solex)
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 09:52:03 -0700
All,

Although this case was a little extreme, I get the impression that the
seller in the case of the "67.5 2000 Solex" wasn't trying to swindle anyone,
but was just unaware of what he or she had.

It's always possible that someone is trying to pull a fast one when it comes
to selling these cars. It's one of the reasons why I am so glad the list is
here with people like Stan, Gordon, Walter, Sid, and everyone else who know
the cars so well.

When I was at the AZROC picnic, I talked to Charlotte and Leonard about the
car they ended up buying. The PO was listing the car as a 63 1500 when
indeed it was a 64. As you may know, the 63 and 64 models are practically
identical cosmetically, but under the hood, they are totally different.
Single carb Vs. Dual. That chrome valve cover.  It turned out the 64 had a
1600 engine in it.

When I got my first roadster I knew next to nothing about it. I relied
heavily (still do) on this list for info and help. Without fail it has
helped me and will continue to do so as I continue on my own restoration.

So I guess "Let the buyer beware" comes into play. Take Tom Walter's advice
and take your time and get the car you want.

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500
1967 2000 Solex
SoCalROC