Re: Rear brake shoes??

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear brake shoes??
From: "Ron@Home" <ronday@home.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 16:40:38 -0500
> I've been told 510 brake shoes will work fine.  They have an extra hole
> that we don't use but otherwise are interchangeable.  I haven't tried
> it myself to find out, though, but you can always return them to
> Kragen's/AutoZone/etc. if they don't fit.

The OEM rear shoes are good and seem to wear forever, probably because
they're NOT self adjusting. ;>)

Consensus for the front pads for a weekend warrior type is the Porterfield
R-4S, not the R-4 which is the full race pad that needs high heat to work.
Not sure of a supplier for those. If someone else doesn't offer one and
folks are interested I'll do a bit of digging.

BTW, anyone within driving distance of Laguna Seca have any floor space that
they'd be willing to donate to a couple of old folks during the Monterey
Historic weekend? If things work out we're considering flying out on
Thursday, 16 August, renting a car to get around in and then flying home on
Monday, the 20th. A number of things would have to gel, but this is too good
a weekend not to be there, if at all possible.

Thanks, Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)