u-joint question

To: "Autox" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: u-joint question
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 20:18:57 -0700
Ok, all you gurus out there, riddle me this:

I had the drive shaft u-joints changed today and the shaft balanced. My oh
my does this make a difference in noise and vibration levels! 80 dollars
well spent. I was expecting less vibration, however. What I did not expect
was that it now shifts much easier than before, especially shifting from
neutral to first when at a stop. I'm thinking that the old u-joints were
beginning to bind when hot, causing the drive shaft to resist turning
slightly when I put the car in gear. Am I completely off base on this?

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600
http://www.PictureTrail.com/bauman311