SU Carb question

To: Roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU Carb question
From: Kevin Koskela <kkoskela@mlode.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 06:47:43 +0100
I have been lurking on the list for quite awhile and appreciate all the
great info, but I'm still a neophyte when it comes to the car.  Today I made
the brilliant move of adding some Marvel Mystery Oil to the pots on both
carbs (because they appeared really low) and changing the fuel filter.

Immediately I started having a problem with a steady stream of gas pouring
out of gas overflow tube on the carb closest to the firewall when I started
the car.  I figured I overfilled the damper pots and brought them back down
to the level where they were, but the gas is still pouring out when the
engine is running.  So I figure it must have something to do with changing
the fuel filter.  No way I can even attempt to run the engine with all that
gas flooding out.  Any ideas on why this carb is dumping gas but the other
one seems fine?  Thanks for your help!

Thanks,
Kevin Koskela
'67.5 1600