Re: Runnin Outta Gas

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Runnin Outta Gas
From: "Nathan Ruffcorn" <nruff@famvid.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 23:34:51 -0500
Mike-
I have always experienced the same problem on my 2L (N17 needles).  Mine
will keep power while aggresively accelerating, but if I hold a steady
speed, it tends to surge.  I hate to do this, but if I'm on the highway I
pull the choke out part way.  You may try this as it will help determine if
you are truly getting enough fuel.  The choke cleans it right up, but I hate
the chance of running too rich and washing my cylinder walls.  I've
experimented with richening the carbs dramatically, but I get the same
result (also required radically increasing idle speed setting to run-not too
practical).  At first I thought the needles were causing the lean condition,
now I'm not so sure.  Any thoughts?!
BTW, manifold vaccum is good through all RPM's.

Nathan